-About Library & Information Science Network-
What is Library & Information Science Network: Library & Information Science Network is world first web based academic blog, provide non-scholarly contents as well as scholarly articles to help students, researchers and academics of Library and Information Science / Information Science & Library Management Departments. This web-blog has created in 2013 and currently we cover almost each and every field of Library and Information Science discipline.
Why Library & Information Science Network: It is one of the largest academic Library & Information Science academic web blog designed and developed by Md. Ashikuzzaman, one of the young library professional and ex-graduate from Department of Information Science and Library Management, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. When the author of this blog was a student of Rajshahi University, he finds very limited books and relevant resources on websites that may fulfill Library and Information Science students academic requirements. To solve this problem and to help students and academics, he creates “Library & information Science Network”.
From Where We Collect Information: ‘Library and information Science Network’ share articles that are collected from different databases available on the internet. It acts as a third party content sharing academic blog. You can find original article source and author information on every article footer area.
Subject Coverage: As you know “Library and Information Science Network” is an academic blog cover Library and Information Science subject and department, this is why primary coverage of this blog is Library and Information Science. Brief overview of subject coverage is:
- Library Science.
- Library Catalogue and Classification.
- Library Administration and management.
- Different Library Services.
- Library Materials.
- Library Automation
- Indexing and Abstracting Services.
- Information and Information Services.
- Impact of IT & ICT services and Library. etc.
- Developer & Designer: Md. Ashikuzzaman (Ashik)
- Country: Bangladesh.
- Work Place: North South University, Bangladesh.
- Designation: Assistant Library Officer.
- Graduated From: University of Rajshahi.
- Department of information Science & Library Management.
Md. Ashikuzzaman is a young library professional, now working as an Assistant Library Officer at North South University library since 2017. He has completed his Bachelor degree and Masters’ degree from Department of Information Science & Library Management, University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
Areas of Expertise:
- Web Development.
- Web Design.
- Content Management System (WordPress, Joomla, Blogger).
- Modern Library Software (Koha Integrated Library Management Software, DSpace, GSDL).
- Research Management Tool (Mendeley, Zotero, Turnitin, Scopus, ORCID)
- Research Data Analysis: SPSS Package Program.
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) in “Statistical Computing Certificate Course on MS-Excel and SPSS with R Programming” from Department of Statistics, University of Rajshahi.
- Internship course on “Information Science and Library Management” from Bangladesh National Scientific and Technical Documentation Center (BANSDOC). Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh.
Research Articles / Publications:
- Md. Ashikuzzaman. (2017, October). The Social Marketing Approaches for Avoiding Plagiarism at Rajshahi University: An Implication for Tertiary Education in Bangladesh. (Masters Thesis). University of Rajshahi, Bangladesh.
- Md. Ashikuzzaman. (2017a, February). Folksonomy practices in the University Libraries of Bangladesh: A survey on some selected university library (Academic Dissertation). University of Rajshahi.
- .Ashikuzzaman, A., Hasan, N., Hossain, U., Ali, E., & Begum, D. (2018). “AVOID PLAGIARISM, PROMOTE HIGHER EDUCATION”: DOES THE SITUATION DEMAND FOR THE SOCIAL MARKETING APPROACH AT RAJSHAHI UNIVERSITY? EDULEARN18 Proceedings, 5773–5773.
If you have any query you may feel free to contact us using the information below.
Admin: Md.Ashikuzzaman website: www.lisbdnet.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org