- Comparison of Library Situations; and
- Comparison of librarianship and library development in general in different geographical situations.
The comparison of library situations covers:
ii) Operations; and
iii) Merits and demerits.
Such studies help in bringing about a qualitative change in library service.
The comparison of librarianship and library development in two different geographical situations will help us:
- To ascertain the rate and stage of library development;
- Factors that have contributed/ or
- Major impediments in the progress of library and library movement.
Such studies help in bringing about quantitative change in library service.