According to Edwin B. Flippo in his book ‘personnel management’ defined “Personnel management is the planning, organizing, directing and controlling of the procurement, development, compensation, integration, maintenance and separation of human recourses to the end that individual, organizational and societal objectives are accomplished.”
According to Flippo, “Personnel management is the planning, organizing, compensation, integration and maintenance of people for the purpose of contributing to organizational, individual and societal goals.”
According to Brech, “Personnel Management is that part which is primarily concerned with human resource of organization.”
Functions of Personnel Management:
Personnel Management is a stafffunctions. It is advisory in nature. It recommends, cooperates and counsels.These responsibilities may take from the following activities:
- The formulation of policy and development of plans.
- Staffing, which includes selecting, recruiting, placing manpower and providing for their training and development.
- Controlling working conditions in order to develop and effectively utilize the services of personnel out the job.
- Providingvarious services to employees, seeking thereby to encourage self-improvementand increased efficiency.
- Review and appraisal, including the maintenance of personnel research.