Generally a film is considered as a living form of book. It is possible to disseminate the information very quickly (from a film) with the help of film. The most common format is 16mm and 35mm. A film may be divided as:
- Instructional/Educational film
- Informational film
- Interpretative film
- Documentary film
- Historical film
- Recreational film
- Travel film
Usefulness of film in Library:
- It is very useful and valuable materials in a library.
- It is easily possible to bring a historical event to human.
- Film is considered as the most popular media in information based system.
Evaluation of film for library:
Some question may be asked to evaluate film:
- Is it helpful to the users?
- Is the information appropriate and accurate those are presented in a film?
- Is it acceptable to the people of all ages?
- Is it attractive?
- Is there any permanent value?
Selection Policies of Films in Library:
- It should be selected according to the objectives of a library.
- It should be observed that how these films are helpful to the reader.