In 1960s the first trend of library automation was developed in US, using computers for creating bibliographic databases as library catalogues. Library of Congress developed a machine-readable catalogue of its holdings records using the MARC input format. In 1967, the OCLC (Online Computer Library Center), was started the first computer-based library network.
- Library Automation: The Concept
- Library Automation.
- History of Library Automation
- Basic Components of Library Automation System.
- Steps of Library Automation.
- Automated Library System
- Needs and Purposes of library automation
- Barriers of Library Automation
- Integrated Library System.
- Methods follow by a library to select an integrated library system.
- Necessity of ICT Infrastructure in the University Libraries
- Automated Library Catalogue