Meaning of Knowledge Classification?
The universe of knowledge consists of an infinite number of entries which are now unknown. Those which are unknown will become known in future.
Therefore, a scheme of classification should have Infinite hospitality to accommodate newly entries are array and chains.
Special features of Knowledge Classification:
- Knowledge classification is a basis of Book Classification.
- Classification starts with knowledge. If there is no knowledge, there is no classification.
- All knowledge could be systematically mapped out according to the recognized rules of division to form a complete classification of ideas.
- There is a true order of the science.
- It is a philosophical basis for library classification.
- It is followed by intellectual climate and evolutionary order or order of nature. It is an order of progression from simple to complex things.
Knowledge classification is considered as over. As a theoretical approach, it is:
- Relatively broad.
- Neglecting principles of subject analysis.
- Order of nature is restricted field.
- Not a practical approach.
- It is a record of work on paper or other material.
- It is fit for physical handling.
- It is transportable.
- It can be preserved through time.
- Means of communication (sound recording, photographic production).
- Sound recording;