Nature of Information:
Information is one of the best aspects of fundamentals of human life. In the present world, information is considered as the life blood of research. From the points of view, information has some basic natures which are described in below:
- Information as commodity: Like other commodity, information is used as commodity for the welfare of human being, e.g. for research purpose, enhancement of technological development, statistical purposes which are mostly used by the government etc.
- Information as basic source of data: Information is created from data processing system so the base of any information is data.
- Information as message: Information bears news and message by which it is able to fulfill the demands of information seekers.
- Information as facts/ observation/ occurrences: Every information is the fact of any occurrence. Thus, it fulfills user requirements.
- Information as communication: Any information is the bases of communication. To be the information, it should have its communication power.
- Information as power or energy: Information is compared with energy which is used to reduce any bad effect or used to reach/ achieve every destination as well as to take decision in times of critical moment of a country.
- Information as resource: Like other properties, information is considered as the properties of individual and social life. Information cannot but say as the resources as it is using in every development.
- Information as processed data: Data are raw materials and it is formed in a systematized manner to get a possible outcome, i.e. information as processed data.
Benefits of Information: The progress of nation depends on its research work, which turn depends on the available information. After the Second World War, the government took an active part in promotion Research and Development (R&D) activities for the intellectual and national development. The overall benefits of information can be summed up as it helps in:
- Improve capability of a country by availing the existing knowledge and know-how achieved within and outside the country.
- Rationalization and systematization of a country’s research and development efforts, with the help of the existing information/ knowledge.
- Problem solving based on wider knowledge base.
- In improved effectiveness and efficiency of technical/ production oriented activities.
- In better decision making in all sectors.