- Books: nearly 3 lakh 57 thousand 415 books in the
library, and many new books added every year.
- Periodicals & Journals: Nearly 41 thousand 625
journals/ periodicals printed copies.
- Maps: Nearly 127 maps, Including “Britannica Atlas” which was published 1764 A.D.
- Reference Section: Reference section includes about 6000 reference books.
- Miscellaneous: Beside this materials this library has a large collections of Microfilms, Audio Visual materials, etc..
This is an academic library, so all of the users of the library are the students, faculty member and researchers of Rajshahi University. It has about 25,000 active members and nearly 1,500 faculty members, officers and researchers of Rajshahi University. This library authority doesn’t allow any outside users to access into the library collections.
Everyday more than 2,000 students use the library reading room, reference room and newspaper section.
|Library Reading Room|
Library reading room:
The library has a three storied building. It has two large reading room with much space & air condition facility for the readers. Book racks are locate near the reading table, so that the user can easily collects their desired books from the shelves.
The library mainly use Browne classification scheme and also others if necessary.
Rajshahi University students can lend book from the library. One students can lend only three books at a time for one month. For this they have need to collect library cards. Without library card users can’t borrow books from the library.
This library use both physical form and computerized catalogue cards.