Book selection policies of College Library.
College Library is a library established, maintained, and administered by a college to meet the needs of its student and faculty. A College library maintains some policy to build up its collection development. Some of them are:
- The library must provide the resources needed to meet the curricular demands of the college.
- It must be equipped with a rich, up-to-date collection of books, periodicals and other educational materials necessary for inspiring teaching.
- The library should have a basic general collection of classic so as to install in the students enthusiasm for greatest books.
- The library may collect some fiction and non-fiction books for the recreational needs of the students of the college.
- The library may also collect newspapers and journals for the developments of the knowledge and thinking process of the students.