About The University of Queensland:
The University of Queensland is a public research university located primarily in Brisbane, the capital city of the Australian state of Queensland. Founded in 1909 by the state parliament, UQ is one of the six sandstone universities, an informal designation of the oldest university in each state. (Wikipedia)
The University of Queensland (Australia) is inviting applications from eligible international students from worldwide for MBA program 2020-2021.
|Enrolment status:||New students|
|Student type:||International students|
|Level of study||Postgraduate|
|Study area||Business and Economics|
|Scholarship value||25% tuition-fee waiver|
|Scholarship duration||Up to 24 months|
|Opening date||1 August 2020|
|Closing date||31 October 2020|
UQ Business School offers 25% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding students commencing the MBA program (and MBA articulation pathway) each year. Scholarship applications are only open to new students each semester.
The scholarship will entitle the successful applicant to receive a 25% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months. If the scholarship recipient exceeds the 24-month timeframe they become solely responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer.
For scholarship holders who do not continue to meet all of the requirements of the program, the scholarship will be withdrawn and the student will not be eligible to re-apply for any MBA scholarship.
To be eligible, you must meet the entry requirement to receive an unconditional offer for the MBA program (or GCBA/GDipBA articulation pathway to the MBA).
How to apply:
Complete the online form to apply.
You must also:
- Meet the entry requirements to receive an unconditional offer for the MBA program (or GCBA/GDipBA articulation pathway to the MBA).
- Provide a personal statement in video format. Your video should be no more than 5 minutes long. Instructions to submit a video are provided in the application form.
In your video, tell the Scholarship Panel:
- about your motivations for choosing to study an MBA degree and your career aspirations
- about a time you overcame a professional or personal obstacle
- what have you done to make your work environment or your community a better place.
- Provide your CV and two written work-related references. These documents can be the same ones you use for your program application.
Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis. In their deliberations, the Scholarship Panel considers the applicants’:
- academic merit
- managerial experience
- community involvement
- personal statement responses.
Scholarship deferrals to future semesters are not permitted. Scholarships will not be extended beyond the 24-month timeframe.
Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process within two months of the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Not every scholarship will be awarded annually.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.